And here it is, last week of the regular season. The AFC side of the bracket is still a statistical mess of tiebreakers and “in charge of their own destinyIF…” teams. The NFC, well, this conference just isn’t big enough for Favre and everyone else. The playoff picture is far from decided but here’s hoping that by the end of the day, we have some great playoff games on tap for January. And that my new Charger gear arrives before their first game January 15th weekend.
Pick ‘Em, Bento!
- Buffalo over the “We’re not interested in history” Colts
- New England over Houston
- Minnesota over Giants – If the Giants were a smidge better…
- San Fran over STL
- Atlanta over Tampa
- Big Ben, I mean, Pittsburgh over Miami – barely, maybe a draw?
- Detroit Rock City over Chicago – In a word, Cutler.
- New Orleans over Carolina – Brees and Payton need to buckle down that team for lift-off. Like, NOW!
- Cleveland over Jacksonville – Meh, why not?! As Sterling says, players are well motivated to keep their jobs.
- Philly over Dallas – I hate hate hate picking this match up. Especially on Thanksgiving. But the intangibles nod goes to Philly, who sometimes comes out to play.
- Tennesee over Seattle – Draft picks, local homies….draft picks!
- San Diego Super Chargers! – Guaranteed that Norv will sit his starters in this one. However, the Redskins are not 1) Playoff contenders, 2) In our conference and 3) Billy Volek can play. The Chargers have one of the deepest teams in the NFL. Sit ’em, start ’em, they’re playoff ready.
- Green Bay over Arizona – The flight seems to be failing in Phoenix. I’m always pulling for Warner, though. However, back of mind, Rodgers is due some revenge.
- KC over Denver – Purely biased pick. Sit down, Francis. You’re staying home this year.
- Baltimore over Raiders
Sunday Nite Wow: Grab your seatbelt! This one could be a bumpy ride. In the other dark recesses of my football mind, I think it would be too too appropos for the Colts to have to eat their own mess by letting a team into the playoffs, especially one they could turn around and play again. But with all Cincy’s been through this year, i’d like them to make a great show of it. However, Pats win, and you’ll see starters sit in this one. Sad deal that.
Interesting Note: So I recently found Sterling Sharpe’s show on NFL Network and although I had to put up with Theisman running his mouth, I was intrigued by several things Sterling had to say. The one that stuck out the most was that if the Chargers win today, beating the Redskins, they would have won the NFC East, beating all the teams in that division. Haha, that, my friends, is fun fun football facts.
here ya go: Chargers CHARGE!