So why is my Week 6 recap tardy? Could it be because of a laptop crash and the work crazies? Or could it be I’m still smarting from yet another opportunity to glare in Norv Turner’s direction and wonder why A.J. Smith fired a coach that helped the team to win 14 games? With the firing of Mike Shanahan and post season trade of Orton to Denver and Cutler to Chicago, I remember telling a friend that Denver would be the better beneficiary of those circumstances. Oh so I hate it when I’m right!
The week in painful review…
What we knew
- One of the hapless teams would finally get off the snide. KC had been so close, it was about time.
- The Patriots don’t lose back to back games…ever…59 point exclamation mark.
What we suspected
- The Saints are just that good, people. Here’s my Super Bowl pick for NFC. I’ve got $20 riding on it.
- Favre still had play in the tank. Will it get him through an entire season is still my question?
What we feared
- The Chargers and Ravens have fallen apart. Powerful, talented teams that can’t win are just that…and need shake-ups.
- One great QB game (or a few) a team doesn’t make. Yoda says ask Hasslebeck and Sanchez.
The record: Meh, 8 – 6. Above 500 but not feeling good about myself. Think I need to hit the books and watch some film. The list of those that should do the same: Philly, Jets, Bengals, Ravens, Chargers….